Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Weekend Recap

Did everyone get their Mardi Gras partying in this weekend?  Or are you waiting until tomorrow to let it all hang out?

And I do mean all.. rawr.

Actually, I'll be taking it easy, as far as I'm planning.  But my friend M and I did head out last Saturday to take in some fun Mardi Gras music.

For which I braved the snow and the ice and the cold.  In flats.  And a polka dot skirt.

Fashion is pain, right?

Hm.. I'm sure I've gotten that wrong.

Nevermind.  Anyway, we had a ginormo snowstorm on Friday.  Which, if you're like me, was glorious.  I adore the snow.  We got something like 8 inches or so.

Which can never be a bad thing.  Amirite?  Or amirite?

I snapped a few pics (of course).


Here we are early in the night.  Lila checking out the subway grates.

You can thank Instagram for the coloring of this pic.

This was around 3 AM when I went out to play in the snow before
all the NYers messed it up.

Trying to not freeze to death.  

I'm short.  That snow is up to my shins.

And another Instagram photo.  
After I finally got some sense to come in out of the cold, I went to bed.  The next evening, I met up with M at BAMcafe (after I got horribly lost, but that's neither here nor there) to catch some live Funk music played by the Revolutionary Snake Ensemble.

Free admission, live music, men in sparkly jackets and strong drinks.  What's not to love?

It was fantastic and I had so much fun.


Before the show started, M and I snagged a couch.

Lights down.  Better to show off the jackets with.

I'm sure you're familiar with my love of all things shiny.

Seriously, the only way this band could be more Mardi Gras was if
they were flashing tits and collecting beads.

I'm definitely going to hit up the BAMcafe again.  They put on all different kinds of shows from music to dance to comedy.  

After the show, M and I decided we weren't yet done drinking (it was only 11:30) so we walked over a few blocks to grab some snacks and more alcohol at this great bar called The Alchemy.  Another place I can't recommend enough (grab an order of spare ribs, yum!).

Finally at about 2, we called it a night and headed home.  Because, really.. after all that, what else is there left to do?




3 comments:

  1. Is it me, or did she fill this post with double entandres?

    Hows's that one resolution coming, nikki-poo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr Zibbs, Lila is a pit bull. But she thinks she's human. :)

    Hello, not so Anonymous. I might have an update to that resolution in the works. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me many, many comments.. I love hearing what you have to say. I read each one and try to reply in kind. Loves!