Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Dunce, party of one.

I just went through my old posts, just to get an idea of everything that I blogged about the past few weeks, and I realized that I never gave an update to the Tall and Yummy guy (who shall henceforth be referred to as TY).

I could have sworn I did.

Either I'm getting old and my memory is going or I drink too much.

Probably just getting old.  Heh.

Anyway, here's a TL;DR recap:
Met TY guy, went out next night, thought it went really well, kissed for a bit at the end of the night, he said we should hang out again.

Read the full post right meow.

All caught up?  Fantastic.

So, after we hung out, he texted 3 days later, which was a Saturday.  We texted back and forth for an hour which I thought was fun.  I knew he was leaving the next day on vacation out of the country, so I didn't expect to hear from him.

The following Saturday I got a text from him saying hi.  Yay!  

Except..

I dunno.. I usually pride myself on being able to feel tone through texting and emails, since it can be hard.  This felt.. not exciting.  I think after about 2 or 3 texts back and forth I asked if he planned to go back to where he just came from anytime soon (as he visits that locale a lot) and.. nothing.  No response back.

OK, perhaps he was busy or didn't get the text.  No biggie.  The next evening I texted and asked how the rest of his weekend went and again, zero response.

I got the hint.  Clearly he had lost interest.  

Honestly, I was pretty bummed but really, no hard feelings.  It happens sometimes.  And I figured I'd run into him again since he doesn't work too far from where I live.  Maybe we'd end up friends, maybe not, whatevs.

Fast forward a few weeks.

I end up seeing him again at an event that he sent me a Facebook invite to.  We flirt and smile and there's some winking going on and plenty of drinking.. All good stuff.  

After I leave, he texts me and we spend the next half hour texting back and forth.  Yay!  The chemistry *is* still there!  I basically say, hey, listen, you wanna hang out sometime?  He replies in the affirmative.

Booyah!

The next day goes by and I hear nothing from him, so I text the day after that.  

And AGAIN.  It feels like there isn't much interest from him.  Basically, kinda vague, but polite, texts.  No mention of hanging out or wanting to make plans.

Now, I will say that it is completely possible that I'm reading it all wrong.  

Which would blow my mind because, me?  Wrong?  Surely you jest.  But, I suppose we do have to open it up as in the realm of possibility.

Plus, I *am* a little clueless on the whole dating/showing interest thing.  But.. if a guy is interested, he usually shows it in some way.. right?

Right??

I don't know.  Basically, where I'm at is that if he contacts me in the next couple days, I will again ask him if he'd like to hang out and try to make concrete plans. If I don't hear from him, then I suppose it's just not meant to be.

Which will be sad.

Because he really is quite sexy.

Now, you're probably sitting there thinking, "Why the hell don't you just go ahead and text him first, you dunce, and make plans?"  And normally I would agree with you.  But, as I'm not so good at the whole dating thing, I've decided to see if he tries to initiate contact to do that.

I gotta feel like I'm being chased just a little bit, at least.

What do you think?  Am I making the wrong choice here?  Right choice?  Shouldn't have taken another chance after he stopped texting the first time?  

Lay it on me, my internet advisers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me many, many comments.. I love hearing what you have to say. I read each one and try to reply in kind. Loves!