Friday, May 13, 2011

“There is nothing wrong with change, if it is in the right direction” -- Winston Churchill

Sorry I've been MIA this week.  I've had so much going on it's hard to believe it's just been 7 days!  And there's lots of big changes coming on quick.  :)

First, I'm FINALLY done with school.  Finished.  Kaput.  Fini.  Donzo.


Forever.


It feels almost unreal.  Because my conservatory was a 2 year intensive, 4 years got shoved into 4 measly semesters.  And omg, was it overwhelming at times.


But thanks to good friends, supportive family and a loving B, I managed to pull thru.


But just barely.


Secondly, I got lumineers to fix my slightly crooked smile!  I love them.  I hated my smile before even tho it wasn't totally noticeable that it was crooked.. I just hated smiling.  And couldn't stop myself from picking apart photos where I could tell.


But no more!  Now I have a perfectly straight, even smile.  The whole procedure took about 45 minutes, no anesthesia and almost no pain.


I'm still getting used to the slightly different feel of my teeth but it's now almost like I've had them my whole life.


And third big news item:




No more renting for us.. We've decided to buy!


My fairly flighty nature slightly cringes at the thought of being so permanently tied to a place legally but.. It's time.


And I have a hard time imagining myself living in any other city than this one. I always told myself if and when I have children, this is the city that I want them raised in.


We've been putting our feelers out to see how the market is and what's available.  And luckily for us, the market is still pretty reasonable.  Now would be a great time to buy.


And honestly?  If we bought in the area that we live now, we'd be paying less than we do in rent.


Insane.


So far we're looking at 2 bedrooms or 1 bed convertible, updated kitchen, elevator, dog friendly (of course) and in Manhattan.  


I'll be keeping you all updated as we go along.  And you can be sure there will be plenty of posts filled with hair-tearing frustration.


As is the nature of NYC Real Estate, I'm sure.


2 comments:

  1. How exciting! I am jealous. I'm sooooo ready to buy, but we feel like now isn't the time because with my H's job it's hard to know if we'll be living in this neighborhood long enough to make it worth buying something.

    I look forward to living vicariously through you! I hope you can post lots of pics of the different places you check out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will, thanks so much! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me many, many comments.. I love hearing what you have to say. I read each one and try to reply in kind. Loves!