Monday, May 12, 2014

Dipping my toes back into the dating sludge.

So, I mentioned a few days ago that I hadn't been interested in dating lately.  Which is true.  But unless I want to end up a crazy(er) dog lady then I need to get back out there.

So, I bit the bullet and joined another site.  

Yes, another.  I'm keeping the POF and OkC profiles up for the laughs (and the blog hits) and maybe for the off chance that one of the 3 sane guys in NYC happens to message me.

Right.

Anyway, I figured since the sites I'm on now aren't working, it's time to shake it up a bit.

I joined Millionaire Match.  

Actually, my aunt had a lot of luck on it and mentioned it to me years ago but I was all "Yeah, OK.  Someday."  Well, someday has arrived.

I've been on it about a week now and have some promising leads.  I'm not sure if this is New Profile Luck or it's a slightly classier breed of men.  Which, lets be honest.. that's not terribly hard to do.  I mean, let's face it.. In today's dating world a typical convo after the first date goes like this:

Dating Douche: "Hey!  I had such a great time with you tonight, I really hope we can do it again!"
Dating Dummy (me): "Thank you so much!  I really had a great time too!"
Dating Douche: "Good. :)  Hey, here's a picture of my penis.  So, are you doing anything next Friday?"
Dating Dummy: "..."

And then I have to go through the hassle of blocking yet another number.  I've had to block so many numbers that the NSA probably thinks I'm on the run from the mob or Nicolas Cage or something.  It's really very inconvenient.

What I like so far is that the men tend to be a little older (and y'all know I love me an older man) and much, much more polite.  I haven't once gotten a "Fine, fuck you, ugly bitch," reply to my "Sorry, I'm not interested, best of luck!" messages.  So that right there is a plus.

Not only that, but the messages themselves are monitored.  Any vulgar or sexual language gets you immediately banned.  And my fellow online dating ladies know how nice that must be, amirite?

So, we'll see how it goes and I'll be sure to report back on here.  Otherwise, what fun would that be?

In other news, I'm still on my No Fats, No Sugar, No Fun Alcohol diet and things are going really, really well.  I was eating healthier for a couple weeks beforehand, so the diet wasn't THAT huge of a change.  And I've been adhering strictly to proper portion sizes.  It's crazy how much of a difference that makes.  I'm down 6 pounds this week alone.

Fucking-A.  It feels good.  Plus, my energy is up and I've had a lot less mood swings.  

This is good for everyone involved.  Trust me.  Heh.

Alright, loves.  Chat soon, I'm sure.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me many, many comments.. I love hearing what you have to say. I read each one and try to reply in kind. Loves!