Tuesday, January 11, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

OK, OK.. I don't even want to know how many ladies out there have a New Year's Resolution of writing (and keeping) a blog but this year I am determined to do it.  I've roped my fiance, B, into this project to help keep me accountable.  He was super excited about that.  Heh.

I never know what to write on these first posts (yeah, not exactly my first blog..) so I suppose I'll go to the old standby and blabber on about myself.  That's interesting, right?

Anyway.

I'm a 20-something girl that sold everything to follow my dream to move to Manhattan and become a professional actor.  I auditioned for a highly competitive acting conservatory in March of 2009, was accepted and by end of July I had an apartment signed and we moved to NYC in August.

The fiance, B, was incredibly amazing and supportive throughout the whole process.  And when I was accepted he gave up our comfortable life in Seattle to follow me to NYC without a single complaint.  We sold our house, our cars, most of our furniture and possessions.  What we didn't sell, my parents graciously let us put into their storage warehouse that they own. 

One of the hardest things to leave behind was my collection of books.  I own literally thousands of books.  A rough estimate would be somewhere around 5,000 to 7,500 books. 

Crazy, I know.

But what is even crazier is selling a 2,300 sq ft home to move into a 550 sq ft, 2 floor walk up with 2 dogs. 

I've done crazier shit.  Believe me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me many, many comments.. I love hearing what you have to say. I read each one and try to reply in kind. Loves!