Sunday, January 16, 2011

Life flipped - Part 2

So, after my first night of work I literally limped into my apartment.  Yes, literally.  I underestimated how "comfortable" my short-heeled boots were.  

Never again.

Second evening tho, I was much more prepared.  Cute little brown flats to go with my maroon and brown hostessing outfit.  Except tonight was so slow we closed early.  Wish I could complain about that but after a 7 hour school day, working just 3 and a half hours totally drained me.  

I did meet the other owner tho.  And he had heard about my impressive first day.  He was so impressed with my performance, with my personality and my way with people that he asked me to start paying attention to all the other positions in the restaurant so that if anyone ever needed help I could jump in and lend a hand.  He also told me the reason he wanted me to do this was because they decided that I would be the perfect person to fill the manager position in a couple months (!!!) and they couldn't be happier to have me as part of their team.

I about ran out of there.  I seriously couldn't believe it.  I mean, let's face it.  I've been slacking on my "gainfully employed" life for the past, oh I dunno, forever.  So when I find a job that's something I enjoy and to be actually recognized as a valuable asset to the business so early on is incredible for me.

I am so extremely grateful to have been given these opportunities and I have felt so blessed by God.  

I only hope that I can continue the good work and show my bosses what I am capable of.

PS Sorry for such a brief post but it is so late and I am BEAT.  I'll have more details (and pictures!) tomorrow.  I don't work again until Tuesday.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me many, many comments.. I love hearing what you have to say. I read each one and try to reply in kind. Loves!