Sunday, September 1, 2013

Hai guise.

I hate summer.  It makes me lazy and unmotivated and useless.

At least that's the excuse that I'm going with as to why I couldn't be bothered to blog.

For real though, I hate the heat and the mugginess.  So for the entire month of August, I barely left my AC.

I don't do sweat.  Or giant foofy poodle hair.  Which is what happens to my head when the slightest amount of humidity shows up.

Anyway, I woke up this morning and felt all renewed and ready to blog and shit.  This just backs up my previous hypothesis.

Moving on.

Know what I love?  Recycle day.  Recycle day is awesome.

Why is it awesome?

Because books!  Just sitting on the sidewalk!  Waiting for meee!


Yes indeedy.  That is two giant bags of books!

Real books.  With pages and covers and the lovely book smell..

Thanks to money and space reasons, I had to switch over to an eReader.  But these are free!  Lovely free REAL books!

All in all, the count came out to 52 books, not counting the assorted magazines.

Among those 52 were the awesome..


The weird..


And the really fucking disturbing..


Seriously.  Who actually buys Philippa Gregory?

Serial killers and puppy kickers, that's who.

So, my plan is to sort out all the interesting looking books and then take the rest to the library across the street.

Then yesterday, after being inspired by the Century 21 bags that the books came in, I walked down to Century 21 to get myself some new sheets.

And walked out with 3 bags of things I didn't need but were way too pretty to pass up.

My favorite purchase, which had absolutely nothing to do with the binge-sesh I indulged in of Downton Abbey season 3 the day before, is my new little tea set!

I know, I know.. a bit of an odd purchase for a 29 year old 23 year old, modern day woman, but I couldn't help myself!


I plan to keep adding to it, which is why they're all different.  So in the end I'll end up with a full mismatched tea service.  The front 4 came as a set called Rose Chintz that I got for $19.97.  The teapot was a separate piece that I bought out of a set for $6.99.  And the two matching next to the teapot came together with that little blue and orange box which has 20 assorted teas.  That was purchased for $12.97.

First tea in my new set.  I feel so fancy!

I've also found other uses for my tea set.. Like breakfast! 

Supah fancy!

Those two photo frames were also new purchases ($5.97 and $6.97) along with some candles, which I used to decorate my "mantle".

Which is really my TV stand because I live in Brooklyn and am not a billionaire that can afford a fireplace with a real mantle on the Upper East Side and it's not fair and NO, I'M NOT JEALOUS AT ALL.

Anyway. 

Newly decorated with Century 21 awesomeness.




All the candles, besides the lit ones, are also new.

So, that's what I've been doing the past couple of days.  Helping clean the streets and doing my part for consumerism.  

What have y'all been up to since we last chatted?  

I missed you guise!
XOXO

4 comments:

  1. "Don't judge a book by it's cover."

    The proper way to do this is read them all. You might learn something. Vinnie is probably smarter than he looks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, BlackCanary! I have a thing for old fashioned stuff! :) But not old fashioned underwear, because that would be weird.

      Delete

Please leave me many, many comments.. I love hearing what you have to say. I read each one and try to reply in kind. Loves!